• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

True blood on HBO

AndreaG

Donation Time
I've never seen the show. Alas, no HBO.

However....I am a HUGE fan of the books. If anyone (or anyone's wife) is interested, the show is based on the books by Charlaine Harris.

There's maybe six or seven Sookie Stackhouse books out now. The books are silly, quick reads. Lots of fun!

I'd love to know how the show compares to the books...

Jim E

Donation Time
Seems there are 8 books in the series now, I just ordred them so can let you know once I read one.

Jim E

Donation Time
Show holds pretty close to the books, not dead on so to speak but pretty close. The show does the books justice IMO.

AndreaG

Donation Time
Thanks - that's good to know!

Once the first year is out on DVD, I will have to check it out.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the books!

Jim E

Donation Time
I am ! My Gf and I are reading them she is on number 3 and I am waiting for her to get done so I can read it... actually I am sneak reading it when she goes to work