• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Transmission secured, exhaust progress

Hotrodhillman

Donation Time
The Minxrod: Transmission with overdrive is arranged as is cast exhaust manifold and Falcon Header pipe thanks to members. I want to optimize performance while listening to a rumble at idle.I would like to hear a little more baritone than tenor below 3,000 RPM. I want volume that leans “loud,” but legal. I don’t like the OE muffler. I Invite advice.

Like Sunbeams, Minx-rod is a competent durable car. Soon it will keep up with traffic. This is fun.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I wouldn't go more than 1 3/4 on a stock motor.. Maybe 1 7/8 on the exhaust with a little work.

Stainless pipes and muffler while long lasting tend to sound a little tinny at first till they carbon up a little, but never as melow as a steel exhaust.

If you get a sports muffler and drop the resenator off if should provide a good compromise

alpine_64

Donation Time
A sports muffler as in one of the free flowing ones designed for perfomance. I am in Australia and used a local brand... So not sure its much good to you stateside.. I know sports setups in usa of tigers.. Some of them might do stuff for smaller bore cars... Try magnaflow, flowmaster, redback

Hotrodhillman

Donation Time
Thank you. I have a Magnaflow on my Jeep 4.0 liter straight 6. I love the sound and the performance. I was considering 1.5 inch diameter muffler and tailpipe. It is hard to find sports mufflers in that size. I will give it some thought.