• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tranny woes!

howard

Donation Time
I went out and cranked up my as-yet-untuned SIV. My wife wanted a spin around the block, so I put the top down and put it into gear and... nothing. No gears! :(

Seems like all the transmission fluid leaked out onto the carport. Joy joy happy happy...

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
do you have a BW automatic in your car? If so, there are a couple of sources for new replacement seals.

Paul

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have several parts units and a couple of new torque converters. Let me know if you need anything.

I'll find the source(s) for seals and post here on the forum.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have purchased gaskets and seals from the following:

http://www.bulkpart.com/

That will open up the home page for Macko Distributing in Dallas, TX. Scroll down the page until you get to AW/BW transmission parts on the far left side of the page. Click on that and then search for what you need - BW T35. You will need parts for the BW T35 - Foreign (not the American)

hope this helps,

howard

Donation Time
Thanks Paul! Your help and offers are very encouraging. I'll probably find out the full extent of the repairs needed this week, and go from there. I'll definitely get back to you if I need a converter or whatnot. (Hopefully it's just a seal...)

My modern-day mechanic was telling me the transmissions they're going to be coming out with in the near future will probably be replaced more often than fixed because of the complexity.:eek: THAT'S gonna hurt $$$!

howard

Donation Time
Well Mr. Transmission finally got back to me yesterday. Looks like a rebuild is necessary.:( (That's for my checkbook.) I'm thinking I installed it improperly and SCREWED IT UP BIG TIME. He informs me I may need a new drive plate... if I can find one (he's going to check his sources first thing Monday). Ain't THAT a hickory nut!