• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Traction Masters

TomKidd

Donation Time
Hey, has anyone purchased a set of Traction Masters traction bars? I have sent them a couple of emails and phoned them once and left a message, but with no response. Here is their website, http://tractionmaster.com/.
Just wondering if they would be effective on my V6 Alpine.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I bought a set of those.. a few V6 guys had them on the cars.. they work well.. but do not buy the weld ons.. buy the bolt ons. Also.. it would be worth moding them to have a sleeve so the rubber bushes dont bind

TomKidd

Donation Time
Thanks for the tip. Where did you purchase them? Has anyone purchased directly from Traction Masters?

Jim E

Donation Time
I have bought from TM directly a few times just call them up tell'm what you want and $150 or so later they arrive at your door. The bolt ons are the best fitting least seen traction bars you can get for the car.

66Tiger

Donation Time
My car came with weld-on Traction Masters, and I have since bought the bolt-on ones directly from TM.

There is someone on Ebay who puts them up and often gets quite a tiddy sum of cash for them.

Personally, I would really like to go to a Caltrac style of traction bar.

Paul

CaltracBar.jpg

TomKidd

Donation Time
Why exactly are the bolt on bars better fitting than the weld on types? Is there a binding issue? I have never installed a set of these before. Any concerns for installing, ie, alignment, should the leaf springs have the weight of the car on them?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Tom,

The weld on type mounts the front of the traction bar to the frame of the car, in front of the spring eye, which when the rear end steps over an uneven surface, (entering a drive way on an angle etc.) can put the rear end under twisting load, because the springs can´t work normally. The bolt on type is bolted to the front part of the leaf spring, which lets the spring work normally, thus not binding the rear axle. The bolt on type also fits up tighter to the spring, so you are less likely to drag it against anything on the road.

Jose

lgurley

Donation Time
Thanks for the tip. Where did you purchase them? Has anyone purchased directly from Traction Masters?
I bought mine directly from Traction Master. I called with my credit card number and they arrived about 12 days later. They will be installed next week along with a new set of shocks.

britbeam

Donation Time
When you ordered your Traction Masters did you have a part# or did they know what a Sunbeam Alpine required?
Dwain V6 Krazy