• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

top/tonneau stud access

bing

Donation Time
several of the studs have come loose because (I guess) no lock washer was included with the nut. I have been able to make them secure by installing aircraft nuts on the studs. However there are two that I don't know how to get access underneath. These are the two just to the rear of the doors. Before I start tearing things apart, does anyone have any advice?

bing

Donation Time
I know what you mean. I have some of those but the holes are too big. These have machine screw threads.

65beam

Donation Time
access

the studs behind the doors may be the screw in type. I believe the studs were all screw type originally. when we restored the series 5 and also the series 4 we used the studs with the nuts to secure them. you need the top hinges out of the car to access the area to install the studs if using the nuts instead of the screw in type.

bing

Donation Time
I went and looked at it. Are you speaking of what appears to be a hinge at the bottom of the frame? It is just opposite of the stud. I can see one nut that seems to holding the hinge to the frame.