• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Toolkit Tools - Valve and Spark Plug Gauges

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
This is second in a series. Please see "Toolkit Tools - Lucas Distributor Key" thread to get the background on what I'm trying to accomplish.

Next we have the Valve & Spark Plug Gauge. In the picture you'll see two. Both are stamped "INL .012" and "EXH .014" and both have 3 feeler gauges, one stamped "PLUGS".

The differences come in the part number. The one on the left is stamped "P56 922" and the one on the right "P62 825"

The P56 model has a larger font type than the P62.
The P56 is the one pictured in the article on this website which came from a 14,000 mile Series II Alpine.

It would appear the P56 is correct for Series I and II Alpines and the P62 for Series 3 and later Alpines, but why the difference? Who made these tools?

Can anyone confirm this? Anyone have something different they can post?
Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 33

65beam

Donation Time
tools

scott,
I checked the feeler gauges in my kits and what I have in the bin. I have a mix of both part numbers also. they look the same except for the number stamping.