• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Too cute!

Jim in PA

Donation Time
It was such a nice day today I drove my Alpine, Rusty, out to get a sandwich at lunchtime. I pulled along-side an SUV in the parking lot. In the rear driverside window was the cutest little girl, all of 4 years old.
"That sure is a cool car you have" she said. "Thank you very much" I replied.
"What kind of car is it?" she asked. It's a Sunbeam, I replied.
"What a nice name for a cool car" she said...
So cute! I'm glad to see that such a sweet little girl can appreciate our cars.
I'm still smiling about that one.

Last spring I was out for a drive in a local park. A young couple with their little boy, of about 3-4 years old, were returning to their car. The little boy pointed to my Alpine and said "Look at that sweet ride Daddy!"
Too cute!

Nickodell

Donation Time
Some years ago a very elderly gent stopped by Matilda in a supermarket parking lot, adjusted his spectacles and peered at the name for a minute, then in a quavering voice asked me "What is an Alpine?"

Even after 32 years on the road, I still get a kick out pf people who stop by and say nice things about her - even the ones who call her a Triumph or MG. So many over the years have said how they used to have one but had to trade it for a sedan when the kids came along; very occasionally someone says they have one too.

I can even excuse the ones who ask if it's the people who make the Mixmasters.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
It never gets old!

Drove Vicki the Alpine to work Monday April 2nd, then to a car event, just in case my insurance read's this. A co-worker had to ask, "So is that car of yours one that goes in the water?"
Only on April Fools day! ;)

Donna
:D

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
"So is that car of yours one that goes in the water?"

...to which she answered... "No, it only goes on my garage floor."

ar12758696334101.jpg

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Enjoy driving your Alpines. Mine is almost back together after last minute (I've got all winter to do them) fixes. So, the weather forecast for the weekend is 2 feet of snow.

Oooppps, just re-checked the forecast, only 18 inches.

SDuncan

Donation Time
Enjoy driving your Alpines. Mine is almost back together after last minute (I've got all winter to do them) fixes. So, the weather forecast for the weekend is 2 feet of snow.

Oooppps, just re-checked the forecast, only 18 inches.

Which car? The red Alpine or the "new" Alpine. The snow forecast certainly is a downer. The temps have been nice lately but all this stupid wind is spoiling the fun.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
ÃŒt`s the red one. New rear axle seal (with speedi-sleeve), replaced drive shaft (another story) and still have to finish front end. The `new one`I hope to drive sometime this summer and do body & paint next winter.