• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tires and wheels

snamelc

Donation Time
I'm going to wire wheels from steel and am collecting the necessary parts to do so. I have a Series II that was originally fitted with 13 x 4 inch wheels with 5.60x13 inch tires. I would like to not screw up the speedometer reading when I choose a metric tire size/wheel combination. I'm certainly open to going to a 14 or 15 inch wheel with a lower profile tire if it makes life easier in buying tires. I'd like to hear some of your more successful solutions to this problem.

Thanks
Bill

serIIalpine

Donation Time
A 14 or 15 INCH tire is not a metric tire.

While the tires they sell are not vintage style the TIRERACK.com does have a section where you can look up the specs of the tire you are interested in. The diameters are listed there. More importantly so are the revs per mile.

Good luck

Eric

'62 SerII

atallamcs

Donation Time
wheels

I found for early Alpines, staying with the 13" wires and using a 185x70 tire looks right. It is the correct height and a bit wider to fill out the wells. My Harrington runs that configuration.
Bill