• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

TIGER ....

65beam

Donation Time
Maybe all those black Tigers are starting to look like all those red Tigers in my head but in any case its a scam. :)
Warren,
Bill Atalla posted on Facebook that he bid on the car and asked for more photos but was blocked from bidding.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Did not try to bid, but I asked asked the seller for the serial number and received two responses.

Via g-mail. The written content was a glowing description of the car which did not include the VIN, but did include "I'm in Kent, Washington" and "For payment I accept Bank to Bank Wire Transfer." There were 31 high resolution pictures including pictures of the VIN tag and the STOA CoA (#1191 dated 5 NOV 2016) showing B9471991 LRXFE / JAL 561509.

Via eBay. The written part of the response was simply "Check photos attached." Pictures of the VIN tag and the STOA CoA (same pictures as noted above) were included. The eBay message showed the seller as being located in Huntsville, AL.​

The car in the pictures is very nice.

Does anyone have a contact to confirm the STOA CoA information?

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes I look at Fakebook but only as a catfish, I'm much prettier online ;) The photos have been used in the UK as well with the same BS payment style and with other fishing attempts. I should have asked Dale yesterday who's car it was.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
As noted above, I sent a question and received a response from the seller of the Tiger on eBay earlier today.

About 10 minutes ago, I received the following e-mail from eBay (sent to my profile e-mail address).

I changed the text color to red for the critical part of the e-mail.

logoEBay_x45.gif

MC010 Account Security Communication Partner Warning - #####

Hello ##### (########@#######.net),

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from kimrey6 through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time – this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at spoof@ebay.com
-- Safety Tips --
-- Don't respond to the sender, through either eBay or your email provider, if the message is an offer to buy or sell an item. This type of offer may be fraudulent, and the transaction won't be covered by eBay protection programs.

- - If you received what appears to be a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on, and it appears in My Messages with the subject of "Message from eBay Member," it isn't a legitimate Second Chance Offer.

Real Second Chance Offers appear in My Messages with a blue background and subject that says, "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item...". Always check for both the blue background in My Messages and the subject line of "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item…" when responding to a Second Chance Offer.

-- Never pay for your eBay items using instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It is against eBay's Safe Payments Policy for a seller to request payment with these methods, as these types of payments are unsafe if you're paying someone you don't know.

-- If You've Already Sent Payment or Shipped an Item --
- - If you already sent payment for an off-eBay transaction, or if you're a seller who already shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, we suggest you take the following steps:

-- Contact the payment service you used to make the purchase. If you paid by credit card, most card issuers provide consumer protections in instances of online fraud.

- - If you sold and shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, contact the carrier you used to ship the item. You might be able to receive additional assistance from the shipping service. If it was sent through the United States Postal Service, you may want to file mail fraud charges. Please go to:
http://www.usps.gov/websites/depart/inspect/

- - Report the fraudulent buyer or seller both to law enforcement officials in your area, and in the area where the buyer or seller lives. To find law enforcement agencies by area, please visit:
http://www.usacops.com

When you contact a law enforcement officer, please explain the following:

- eBay will be happy to help with the officer's investigation.
- For more information on how the officer can contact eBay, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/law_enforcement.html

-- You may also want to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). The IC3 is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National White Collar Crime Center. The IC3 will review complaints and refer information to the appropriate local, state, or federal agency. To file a complaint with the IC3, please go to:
http://www.ic3.gov/

We also need you to take a few minutes to provide more information related to the transaction. The information you provide will allow us to work more effectively with law enforcement should an investigation occur. Please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/transactions-outside-eBay.html

Click the "Item Bought Outside of eBay" or "Item Sold Outside of eBay" link.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks,
eBay

H19881

eBay Document ID: 66918618003

eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognize fake (spoof) emails.

Copyright © 2019 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.​

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
The eBay listing for the black Tiger is gone; no explanation, just gone.

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Typical of eBay get someone else to police their own listings. If they could be bothered to have their program to require the VIN listing it'd be somewhat easier. However many cars are incorrectly registered 67B382001345LRXFE and the allowed blank VIN on this listing allowed a lot of wasted time and effort all because eBay is too lazy to police it's own turf.

65beam

Donation Time
I've run across a couple e bay sellers that don't want to ship what they're selling or have sold and been paid. It's a shame that this happens but there are people like that.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
eBay has many remedies for a non performing seller. What I'm saying is that even Craigslist requires a VIN and if a few people flag the ad it's removed. In this case many people got their time wasted by a scammer. All of this could have been avoided by a few lines of code.

65beam

Donation Time
The facts are, considering all the conversations on various facebook pages and other forums situations like this one seem to make for a lot of conversation. Some good, some bad. Look how long this thread has been going and how much time has been devoted.