• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Parts Stash

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dennis Collins, owner of Collins Bros Jeep here in Wylie, TX just sold his 2 Tigers at the Scottsdale Barrett-Jackson auction last week. One was the Mark I JAL 0001 that sold for $120K. He is now officially out of the Tiger business.

He has a ton of Tiger parts left over from the restoration available for purchase. His assistant, Priscilla, has been listing the parts, a few at a time, on eBay but would welcome a total buyout. If you are interested in buying everything in the building, you can reach her at 972-442-2123 or pparker@cbjeep.com. Let her know I sent you! (I have let Rick/Kelly and Curt know)

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Interesting Rick. I was at all three auctions ( Barret - R&M - Worldwide). Collin's Tigers were at the Worldwide Auction in Tempe. Yes, the 0001 Tiger sold for $120,000 plus 10% buyers fee. The Hipo Tiger did not sell on the block for $57,000 bid. I just talked with a Worldwide Auctions agent I know and he said the Auction house has 30 days to sell any cars that did not sell on the block. If Dennis gave you a direct first person communication that means it sold.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Interesting Rick. I was at all three auctions ( Barret - R&M - Worldwide). Collin's Tigers were at the Worldwide Auction in Tempe. Yes, the 0001 Tiger sold for $120,000 plus 10% buyers fee. The Hipo Tiger did not sell on the block for $57,000 bid. I just talked with a Worldwide Auctions agent I know and he said the Auction house has 30 days to sell any cars that did not sell on the block. If Dennis gave you a direct first person communication that means it sold.
Hi Doc:
I got direct, first person communication from Dennis' assistant, Priscilla Parker, that the Hipo Tiger was sold. She did not share for how much. And she is now charged with dispensing of all the leftover parts acquired during the rebuild.
Rick

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
It was a lol moment looking at any of the prices on the eBay sales. What a "pal" of the Sunbeam world. My pals went and said the 10 free drinks per day maybe have something to do with the big sales. He sold his Bugeye for 44,000 and reported that the same buyer got 10 cars at the same time....

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
One in Scottsdale, Greg the seller is a Austin Healy club guy I hang out with.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I've heard the term puppy mill for some marque restorers but that's not Greg. I've seen 10 or 15 of them come out of his shop. One mam show no employees.
A buddy has 30k into his Bugeye and it's got a big bore motor 998 CC.. I have to run with the 3000 A.H,'s on their drives. The Bugeyes bring up the rear ;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
I've heard the term puppy mill for some marque restorers but that's not Greg. I've seen 10 or 15 of them come out of his shop. One mam show no employees.
A buddy has 30k into his Bugeye and it's got a big bore motor 998 CC.. I have to run with the 3000 A.H,'s on their drives. The Bugeyes bring up the rear ;)
The trick sprites with BMC engines get out to around 1500cc....
Conversions range from lots of fiat twin cams, Datsun SOC and rover/buick V8s.. toy favourite.. the big eye "fright".. a big eye with a D type Jag engine .. think about the length of a Jag twin cam 6... And the weight....

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I've seen a Bugeye with a small block. Greg has one with Webers.
They had a conclave before a autocross at Big Bear.... one Bugeye blew and spewed in the airport track and one on main Street idling happily along.... As everything runs great ... Until it doesn't. :)
Then there was the " who invited those guys."

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
back in mid 70's, Santa Maria news paper classified cars for sale section, went something like this .. '65 sprite, V8, must sell, am afraid ..