• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

This weekend's choices for the midwest

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Will there be many Sunbeam folks at the Dayton British car show
at Eastwood Lake this weekend, or will most be headed to
Rootstown for the Hillman Centennial (currently underway)?

Ken

65beam

Donation Time
rootstown

according to some other club newsletters ,the hillman show was changed to next week.i asked the question quite some time ago if this was true and nobody responded. ???????

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Well, I found three references in various other club newsletters, and all indicated this week and weekend. One of them also said this:

This will be the biggest Hillman meet ever held on the North American Continent-so plan on attending. The meet is also open to Sunbeam sedans and 4 passenger convertibles, all Singers, all Humbers, all Commers and Plymouth Crickets.

To me, that means no Alpines/Tigers. Not that you couldn't drive one there, of course, but that they'd rather see some sedans and 4 passenger convertibles.
And that's fine, too.

The above-mentioned newsletter also placed in in Streetsboro, rather than
the oh-so-appropos Rootstown.

Other factors have influenced our decisionmaking, and it's Dayton (or bust) for us.

Ken