• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The right way to sell an Alpine?

Z

ziipppp

Hi everyone, I've had my series 1 alpine (aka Grace) for nearly eight years. She's in beautiful condition, always garaged, runs great and I've poured a ton of money and love into her. With recent arrival of kid I realize, sadly she has to go. But I don't know the best way to sell. I'd like her to go to someone who will care for her. Also even though the car looks amazing, I'm sure its not completely stock to a die hard fan, plus had the odd minor scratch and inconvenience (I never could get that clock to work). So I don't want to overstate the car, even though shes stunning. And I've also got an unrestored hard roof that goes with her. Anyway, I'm just generally overwhelmed. Not sure I trust eBay (I fear I'll end up on the wrong end of some Nigerian scam) or whether that even has the right buyers. And I don't want a bunch of yahoos crashing her gear box while they just take her for joy ride. Any suggestions?

Sorry to ramble, I guess I'd like to hear peoples opinion on a good place to sell to good people. Plus I'm interested in what you think a reasonable price might be. I paid ten grand for her back in the day, but that was probably a bit over the odds. I live in San Francisco California if that affects anyones answer. Thanks for your time.
George

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
With the global network that exists on this message board I think this is the best place to start. List your car in the For Sale section with links to pictures and see what happens.

atallamcs

Donation Time
car for sale

I have had great success selling three cars recently without the buyers even coming to see the cars. The key is to post an accurate description on this site, direct them to comprehensive photos, and stand behind your sale. I would welcome seeing the pictures to help you price the car. As I sold a Series II, Series IV and Tiger.

Bill Atalla
email pictures to atallamcs@aol.com

Z

ziipppp

Thanks

With the weather clearing, I'll get her out in the next month or two, and get some decent photos up and running. Thanks for the encouragement!
Cheers
George

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Selling Alpines

Bill has had the best luck selling his cars because they are some of the finest cars I have seen. The have sold almost immediately!

Best regards,

Jack

atallamcs

Donation Time
selling a sunbeam

Thanks Jack for the kind words. There are many beautiful sunbeams out there--I have just been lucky in my sales efforts.
Bill

SDuncan

Donation Time
Bill,

I think the reason you have been able to sell your cars "sight-unseen" is because you have a reputation for having excellent quality vehicles and for being honest with your descriptions.

There are a few other people on this board that I would have no reservations at all about buying something based strictly upon their description.