• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The foolishness never stops!

alpine_64

Donation Time
That seller had an amazing amount of NOS parts.. was always goign to be a bidding war.. and i guess each to his own.

65beam

Donation Time
foolishness

i really don't fault john for buying parts like this . i've done the same.when my wife saw this , she asked if we have extras. since we have one original that has been replated plus a couple repos,she said let it go.i'm currently buying parts for a series 5 since we're starting to restore her series 5 again.the difference is that john buys to add to his collection,we buy to add stock for the cars that we own. being in sales for many years, i learned that product is worth what a person is willing to pay .

RootesRooter

Donation Time
And there was a second person willing to pay just a few dollars less...

i really don't fault john for buying parts like this . i've done the same.when my wife saw this , she asked if we have extras. since we have one original that has been replated plus a couple repos,she said let it go.i'm currently buying parts for a series 5 since we're starting to restore her series 5 again.the difference is that john buys to add to his collection,we buy to add stock for the cars that we own. being in sales for many years, i learned that product is worth what a person is willing to pay .

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor

You can replate for a fraction of what he paid. That fact that is was NOT for a car is what really makes it a head-shaker.

gordonra

Donation Time
Mr Green buys and hoards NOS items?

I suppose you could call it an investment stratagy. With the current state of the stock market, it might be a better bet.

65beam

Donation Time
foolishness

for someone that enjoys collecting, i don't see the problem. our china hutch is full of sunbeam items such as chrome mk2 headlight rims, nos rootes fog and driving lights,rootes oil filters in boxes,lumax driving lights,etc,etc.they probably will never be on a car either. i have new tail light units for the lemans, in the box. i guess i also enjoy collecting parts and have for many ,many years. my wife doesn't care,and she doesn't see anything wrong with it either.plus if you need something it's nice to be able to go to the parts bin and pull out what you need. we have a large dollar amount on our haggerty policy just to cover our nos parts . i guess i envy john for having all this stuff. by the way ,i also have simca parts that i have had for years . nobody wants them so, they're on display . you just don't touch my collection of double edge tiger wiper blades .

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sounds like the wife is quite the decorator!! I can assume we won't see your house in any home publications! :p

P

Or should I say.........."your wife allows this"? :?

for someone that enjoys collecting, i don't see the problem. our china hutch is full of sunbeam items such as chrome mk2 headlight rims, nos rootes fog and driving lights,rootes oil filters in boxes,lumax driving lights,etc,etc.they probably will never be on a car either. i have new tail light units for the lemans, in the box. i guess i also enjoy collecting parts and have for many ,many years. my wife doesn't care,and she doesn't see anything wrong with it either.plus if you need something it's nice to be able to go to the parts bin and pull out what you need. we have a large dollar amount on our haggerty policy just to cover our nos parts . i guess i envy john for having all this stuff. by the way ,i also have simca parts that i have had for years . nobody wants them so, they're on display . you just don't touch my collection of double edge tiger wiper blades .