• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Talbot Style Mirrors

Richard Fritz

Diamond Level Sponsor
Seeing what goes on behind my Alpine on the right side has always been impossible with the talbot style mirror mounted on the door. It just couldn't be sufficiently adjusted to be useful. I recently removed the flat mirror and replaced it with a convex mirror that improved the rear view.
The other day I was at a car show and saw the mirror mount for a talbot styled mirror on a Tiger (see photo). The owner didn't know where it came from b/c it was on the car when he bought it.
Now, I'm asking the Forum People if they have any idea where it can be found. Thanks... Rich

Attachments

• 20231014_125042.jpg
    20231014_125042.jpg
    821.5 KB · Views: 45

alpine_64

Donation Time
TEX used to make these.
They were available from MOSS and also classic mini suppliers...

Personally I find the stalk doesnt really suit the mirror head.

Five Reviver

Silver Level Sponsor
TEX used to make these.
They were available from MOSS and also classic mini suppliers...

Personally I find the stalk doesnt really suit the mirror head.
These are the ones Sunbeam Specialties sells. Also available direct from Tex. I have them; adjustability is ample

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
If you have holes drilled in the doors not many choices other than to look for a convex spot mirror in the same size. It's frustrating to remove the mirrors attempt to notch the hole opening to still miss the sweet spot of the mirror.. kinda why you still see Wink mirrors commonly seen in golf carts still. The earl rectangular rear view was convex and was helpful.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
My mirrors of this type are pretty much just for style. You can barely see anything behind the car, but they look great.53912.jpeg

alpine_64

Donation Time
My mirrors of this type are pretty much just for style. You can barely see anything behind the car, but they look great.View attachment 30215
Yours are the traditional bullet mirror the one the post is referring to have an extended stalk and a ball mounting for the head to give more rotation.

this helps lift the mirrors up and gives greater visibility.

Attachments

• bgb__texbul-r-2_8489bf.jpg
    bgb__texbul-r-2_8489bf.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 7