• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV fan blade

Derek

Donation Time
Need a fan blade for late series V, found one of the blades cracked 3/4th of the way through..

Derek

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Fan Blade

Do you still need one? I have several four blade ones...but if I keep looking, I think I have a 6 blade one....somewhere...mike

Derek

Donation Time
Mike, thanks for the reply, but I got one from Al, it came today and is a nice 6 blade. I'll get it blasted and powder coated and it will look like new, thanks Al.

With parts for our cars getting harder to come by I have seen fewer hits when requests are made. I hope that those with a cache of spares are willing to let go a bit. I have been looking to the UK more of late as I see far more parts on these sites ( the home of Sunbeams)

Best to all Derek

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
OUCH... be careful! I would *not* blast that blade. They are already prone to shattering - if you blast it you may work-harden it even more and make the cracking even more likely. I'd just sand it down and re-spray it, or if you must, use some stripper and then repaint it.

Derek

Donation Time
Kevin, I thought the 6 blade was not prone to the same problems as the 4 ?
In any case your advice is good and I'll go with the delicate method

Thanks Derek

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, you're right, the 4 is the real problem child, but I'd never blast any blade... just too risky.