• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeams and parts for sale in New Hampshire

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Attention New England area Sunbeam owners. I'm selling everything before I move back to Ohio in 5 weeks. Here's a quick list of what's for sale:

My 1963 Series 3 ST in Carnival Red. Most of you know of this car. Fully restored in 2003 and Best of Show winner at Invasion III in Dillard, GA. I've driven this car just about everywhere and it still runs great. Rebuilt overdrive, gearbox, engine, and 3.70 rear gearset. Great highway cruiser.

My 1961 Series II, right hand drive Sebring Tribute Car in Wedgewood Blue. Almost everything you need to finish this project. Lots of new or rebuilt parts. Factory hardtop, Rootes competition suspension kit; engine built to LeMans spec with Vizard head. Exact reproduction microcell racing seats. NOS Mk II headlight rings. Do a search on this forum for Sebring tribute car and you'll find plenty of history and pictures.

Lots of extra parts including radiators, generators, starters, glass, Series 3 gearbox, overdrive driveshaft, wiring harnesses, hood and trunk panels, etc., etc.

I would love to have a fellow Sunbeam owner come to my house in Amherst, NH and buy everything. No reasonable offers refused! Come and get it all!

I would also entertain a trade for a Ford Model A pickup or other pickups from the 40's or 50's.

If you have questions or would like to see some pictures please email me directly at series3scott@gmail dot com or call me at Five One Three, 226-1704.

Thanks.
Scott

Last edited:

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sad. You're truly one of the genuinely nicest people I've ever met, Mr. Scott. Even if you sell every Sunbeam thing you have, everyone will still know who you are. And all you've done.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
That is a VERY kind thing to say John and I greatly appreciate it. I'm not leaving the hobby entirely and I assure you, if the right Series IIIA Rapier Coupe came along I'd be right back into the Sunbeam world.

Sad. You're truly one of the genuinely nicest people I've ever met, Mr. Scott. Even if you sell every Sunbeam thing you have, everyone will still know who you are. And all you've done.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hardtop sold

I have edited my original post, removing the late series hardtop which has now been sold.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
It is times like this that make me appreciate the value of my decision to build a two car garage on a lot with little potential for another building. I'd love to have that Series 3.

Scott, does that mean that all of the founders will no longer have an Alpine?

Bill

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Scott - I am saddened to know that you are parting ways with the beautiful Series 3. It is one of the best Sunbeams I have ever seen. I hope it finds a suitable home with an appreciative owner.

And - I hope you stay in contact with us on this site. I appreciate all you have offered to SAOCA over the years. Your perspective and guidance has given needed energy and direction on many occasions. We will continue to look for your help in the future.

regards from sunny South Dakota, Pete

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Scott - I am saddened to know that you are parting ways with the beautiful Series 3. It is one of the best Sunbeams I have ever seen. I hope it finds a suitable home with an appreciative owner.

And - I hope you stay in contact with us on this site. I appreciate all you have offered to SAOCA over the years. Your perspective and guidance has given needed energy and direction on many occasions. We will continue to look for your help in the future.

regards from sunny South Dakota, Pete

We need a "Like" button on this site. Well said, Pete. I second that emotion.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Scott is one of the good guys for sure. I doubt if he is getting out of this addiction all together. It's hard to move cars around the country, and expensive!
Looks forward to him still lurking here on the site and providing his input.

Hail to SC! ❤️

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hail to SC! ❤️

Thanks Paul for that Sunny South Carolina plug;)

Love it,

DanR

P.S. I know your true meaning and I like it too!

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Hard to see Scott leave New Hampshire that quick. We were looking forward to have some meets together.
It is even harder to swallow that he leaves the Sunbeam world. Hopefully that is also for a very short time!
I am not that far away from Scott in NH. If somebody is interested to haul more parts all at once, I still have a slew of parts: 1600 engines, trunk lids, hoods, doors, windows, gearboxes, rear-ends, front-ends, carbs, overdrive parts, and much more....I am getting up in years and would like also to see these parts NOT go to the dump. Robert in Cornish NH. 64venezia (at) gmail (dot) com

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Guys, I greatly appreciate all the "likes", and it's with mixed emotions that I sell my cars and parts. I sold my hardtop and some other parts to Steve Silverstein today. It's going to a great home and looks fantastic on his blue Series V. I know he'll enjoy and take care of it. (he's also seriously considering my Sebring tribute car - who better to take over that project?)

Funny thing is it wouldn't fit into his Mercedes SUV so he had to drive an hour back down to Massachusetts to get his trailer, put the Series V on it, come back to my place and put the hardtop on the car. I guess that's one way to pick up a hardtop! :D:D

Here's the before and after pics.

Attachments

• hardtop before.jpg
    hardtop before.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 56
  • hardtop after.jpg
    hardtop after.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 58

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hard to see Scott leave New Hampshire that quick. We were looking forward to have some meets together.
It is even harder to swallow that he leaves the Sunbeam world. Hopefully that is also for a very short time!
I am not that far away from Scott in NH. If somebody is interested to haul more parts all at once, I still have a slew of parts: 1600 engines, trunk lids, hoods, doors, windows, gearboxes, rear-ends, front-ends, carbs, overdrive parts, and much more....I am getting up in years and would like also to see these parts NOT go to the dump. Robert in Cornish NH. 64venezia (at) gmail (dot) com

Someone come and clean out New Hampshire! I too have hood and trunk panels, bumpers, Series 3 gearbox, Series I and II windows, generators, radiators, etc. etc.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
How do you get rid of big items?

Like many of us we tend to accumulate parts in order to save them from the scrapyard. However, when you have to move in less than 10 days and you're looking at differentials, trunk and hood panels, windshields, radiators, steering boxes, etc you realize you don't want to move this stuff again across the country.

What do you do with it? Take it to a local metal recycler? :confused:

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Robert Jaarsma to the rescue!

I'm able to answer my own question - Robert is 2 hours northwest of me and I've just filled my van with everything I have left and will be delivering to his barn tomorrow morning. He's heading to the TE/AE United and plans on bringing parts for sale. At least I don't have to live with the guilt of throwing out good Alpine parts. :eek:
Thank you Robert Jaarsma!

Like many of us we tend to accumulate parts in order to save them from the scrapyard. However, when you have to move in less than 10 days and you're looking at differentials, trunk and hood panels, windshields, radiators, steering boxes, etc you realize you don't want to move this stuff again across the country.

What do you do with it? Take it to a local metal recycler? :confused:

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Parts

Scott,

I quote this sentence from your post:

"Lots of extra parts including radiators, generators, starters, glass, Series 3 gearbox, overdrive driveshaft, wiring harnesses, hood and trunk panels, etc., etc."

Do these parts include a two-speed wiper motor and wiper arms. etc?

If so, PM me.

Thanks,
Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, Scott just hauled his extra stuff to Robert Jaars place.

Contact JAARS.

I just did hoping to get a steering column and other pieces....

DanR