• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Owners in Canada

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi folks, I am trying to get an idea of how many Sunbeams are being restored or currently on the road here in The Great White North! Just to exchange ideas, info. etc. Drop me line any time.
Cheers !

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
In Sk, I know of: drivers (1 Alpine, 1 Talbot, 1 Tiger) under restoration (2 Alpines, 1 Tiger, 1 Imp). There may be a few more

ChrisR

Donation Time
There are a few of us in the Montreal region. I have an SV and I know a couple of gents with Alpines (Bernard Rose with his very nice SIII) and at least 3 with Tigers. All drivers. There are also a few in the Ottawa region I am aware of. At least one Tiger in restoration.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
These are what I am aware of. Probably there are others.
In Nova Scotia, 1 Singer, 2 Alpines, 1 Tiger, 3 Sunbeam Talbots
Newfoundland, 1 Humber
New Brunswick, 1 Tiger

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
mine is a series V, in southeastern Ontario.
Drop a line to: ronstein@greatlandscorp.com , He produces the Rootes Report up here in Ontario.
Has also linked up with TEAE and a British club. Produces a monthly Rootes news letter, great info .
Send me a PM and I'll forward a link. Has over 200 members if memory serves me right.
after the demise of Sunbeam Sportscar Club of Canada SSOCC
Bob

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
mine is a series V, in southeastern Ontario.
Drop a line to: ronstein@greatlandscorp.com , He produces the Rootes Report up here in Ontario.
Has also linked up with TEAE and a British club. Produces a monthly Rootes news letter, great info .
Send me a PM and I'll forward a link. Has over 200 members if memory serves me right.
after the demise of Sunbeam Sportscar Club of Canada SSOCC
Bob
hi Bob, great info.

dansun22

Silver Level Sponsor
These are what I am aware of. Probably there are others.
In Nova Scotia, 1 Singer, 2 Alpines, 1 Tiger, 3 Sunbeam Talbots
Newfoundland, 1 Humber
New Brunswick, 1 Tiger
great to know! I guess the Covid Lockdown won't necessarily prevent any drives or planned get togethers?

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
My 1961 Series 2 has had a lot of work done this winter, including cleaning and resealing the gas tank, and repairing the trunk floor to support the tank properly. The engine needed work so I had the head redone and am replacing valves and guides. I also got new LED lights for the dashboard, and the signal and position lights. Currently trying to figure out where to find a replacement thermostat...suggestions would be appreciated. I hope to have it up and running for May.

UPDATE: After all of the above work was completed, we started the car and everything seemed fine, until we started to see coolant liquid dripping out...the water pump is leaking! Ordered a new pump which should arrive this week, and hopefully we're good to go.

Last edited:

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hello, I just joined the site plus have just bought an Alpine. I am just east of Toronto in Durham Region. It is a 1965 Series IV Alpine. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I exist. Cheers

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the Club! I am looking forward to hearing more about it and we are standing by to help with any issues that may come up!

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
Hello, I just joined the site plus have just bought an Alpine. I am just east of Toronto in Durham Region. It is a 1965 Series IV Alpine. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I exist. Cheers
Welcome to the group. The Forum is a good source of information, and the members have a wealth of experience that they are willing to share, and some spare parts and pieces for fellow Rootes enthusiasts.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Hey there "Durhamguy". I'm not far from you in the Trenton area. Currently working on my Series V. Send me a PM if there is anything I can help with.
Thas is an awesome forum for info and comradery amongst the Sunbeam crowd.
Bob

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Bob. I am in Ajax. I took delivery last night and have spent the day cleaning it and fixing some minor items (which will be ongoing I am sure). Thanks to Bernard and Alpine 1789 for their welcome.