• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam meet in So.Cal.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

Kelly Mathis is inviting all the Sunbeam guys, from all over the western states, to come to the second anual Sunbeam get together at his place. Last year we had a great time together. This year, we hope all of the V6 Alpines that were being put together at that time, will be completed and there too. At last count, there were twelve V6 Alpines under construction in the So. Cal área alone. The get together is open to any Rootes vehicle, so please bring all of your toys.

We are expecting guys from as far away as Provo, Utah, to come. Rob Wiseman says he's bringing his newly finished 1961 V6 Alpine, that has a stroker engine in it. From the pictures, it will be a treat to see it. I asked him if he was going to tow it to Yorba Linda, and he said he never tows anything. He will be driving his beauty to the meet!

The meet will be held at Kelly's place in Yorba Linda, California. I will send the address in an email, to whoever wants to come. The date will be, May 26th (the Sunday before Memorial Day Monday), at 11:00 a.m. till.....

I want to extend a special invitation to all the guys in the Arizona chapter to come. It will be fun to get together like we did at Jim Dimond's place last year in Phoenix.

I will personally be there, and I will be coming all the way from Colombia, South America, (I wouldn't miss it) so don't let a couple hundred miles deter you. I want to meet those of you that I haven't had the opportunity and privelege to meet in person yet. If you'd like to come, please drop me an email and I will send you all the contact info.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you soon.

Jose

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Count me in! I've been recovering from some injuries so my Alpine is up on blocks and won't be there but, as long as an upcoming surgery doesn't get in the way I'll be there, wouldn't miss it!

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
I will most definitely try to be there as well, sounds great! Thanks for hosting, Kelly!

- Garet

kmathis

Donation Time
Oh, Yeess!!

I am hosting another Darksiders Plus anybody that would like to come Sunbeam Celebration.:D:D
Jose will indeed be here, and the GarageMahall will be wide open. It will be Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend at about 1 PM to whenever. Food, Drinks, and maybe I can scare up a cake with a picture on it to eat later.
So whether your car is running or not, come out for a few hours and let's talk Sunbeams, V6s, and any modifications that we can think of.
We can put one up on the rack and give it a good lookin' over.

Can't wait...fun..fun...fun.:)

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Darksider Gathering

Kelly: I am so bummed....I will not be able to make it. I will be in Canada that weekend. There will be another gathering I'm sure. My wife and I will be on a 50th anniversary trip in Canada, which she thinks is way more important than a gathering of Sunbeamers (go figure). My car has a lot of neat modifications I would like the others to see, so Next Time for sure.

SDuncan

Donation Time
Jim, I hope you are able to find someplace up here where the ground isn't still covered with snow. If you need a place to park your Alpine while you are up here, I can make room.

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
DANG IT !!!!!!!!!!!!
........I was so looking forward to this, but we will be up in Chico at my granddaughter's college graduation.
........Perhaps next year Ill have the alpine running too!:cool:

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jose, its getting close, I am planning to put a full week of work on it this week, while on vacation. It may not be complete but hopefully will be drivable by memorial day.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
WONDERFUL!!!

I can't wait to see it. I'm pulling for you to get it finished. Will be great to see it.

Jose

Jose, its getting close, I am planning to put a full week of work on it this week, while on vacation. It may not be complete but hopefully will be drivable by memorial day.