• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam... "for restoration"...

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Ha!, I thought that too. I would have expected those seven chrome letters across the bootlid may have given the seller just a teensy clue as to the manufacturer of the item. Seems not.............!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ya gotta wonder just what happened to this sorry 'pine... did the driver hit a moose and then get rear-ended??

I'd love to know how one little car incur that much damage... there's literally not a single panel worth salvaging.

*sigh*

Even the horn ring is missing. So much for the 'bunch of money'.

3k03mb3pc5O25Q55P6a67187ffb28c5621f50.jpg
3k83o33l65Z55U45P3a677cf8207b888116d2.jpg
3me3o13p75O55V25Z6a67e358cbac7b5a189a.jpg

RootesRooter

Donation Time
"Biff, thinking to collect on the insurance, disguised his Alpine with an aftermarket hardtop and entered it in Saturday's demolition derby...."

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
strength of design

Well,

it looks like the Rootes early design of a passenger safety cell worked quite well.

Its surprising sometime just how strong the cars are, altohugh of course we know the rear crumple zone has a fatal flaw - the 2 inch gas pipe !

britbeam

Donation Time
I would say its a case of being pushed all over the junkyard for 20 some odd years and run over by frontend loaders etc. Some peoples kids you just cant takem anywhere.

agmason

Donation Time
You know, when you look at it all it needs is a little paint, some bondo,..... some more bondo,.... a little more bondo,..... a whole lot more bondo,......ehhh, I give up!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here's my question, which I should probably put in a poll: Can anyone really be this stupid, or is this a joke?

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Am thinking he got rear ended and pushed under another car. Bet his neck felt real good. I like his classic logic If-Then statement. It is old therefore valuable. I suspect he dropped his Logic course after one class...

65beam

Donation Time
restoration

anything is fixable. i have seen a tiger that got hit on both ends and is now one real nice tiger. i just looked at an alpine last week that had a very twisted front end but now is back to pristine condition. a few days on the frame rack and a few body panels and this car would look great. just think of the e bay value of this car if sold off as parts.

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Sunbeam for restoration

This should not be spread around....there's a certain guy on Ebay that might buy it and start selling all the extremely "rare" and "unusual" parts for outrageously high prices. According to his logic (???), this is probably a hundred thousand dollar "rare" car. I contacted this individual inquiring why his prices are so sky high and unreasonable for what he's trying to sell and explained to him that he could be liable for fraud by claiming his parts are "rare" and "unusual" when they are neither. His reply was still smoking when it came through my computer (must have been original Lucas words). He claimed to be selling lots of Sunbeam items all over the world and is doing quite well, thank you very much. In the famous words of P.T. Barnum, "There's one born every minute...." and I hope there aren't any Sunbeamers out there dumb enough to buy any of his "rare" items.

Tullamore

Donation Time
I have that same hardtop, brand new never used! I don't have any of the fastening hardware though so I can't use it because there is no way to attach it.

Anyone close enough they could go snag it for me? :rolleyes:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have that same hardtop, brand new never used! I don't have any of the fastening hardware though so I can't use it because there is no way to attach it.

Anyone close enough they could go snag it for me? :rolleyes:

Better bring a 'bunch of money'!