• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

suggestion for additional resources

mattinoz

Donation Time
Many many members of this group have fantastic and priceless photographic records of their projects, their stripdowns, restos, rebuilds and other projects with many guys more than happy to share them in many threads for the benefit of others.
I would like to suggest that this website provide a page to allow members to post links to their photo galleries with a brief description of the project, to allows members to browse the 1000's of image that reveal so much important detail of our cars.
I for one have identified many minute detail that would otherwise be lost forever but for this great resourse.
The problem is remembering which thread had the link you used sometime in the past.
Just a thought!

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
I vote for the idea. Maybe another category in the forum could be created called photo albums. Then members could post threads with links to their online photo collections. The only downside that i can see is that sometimes it seems like the photo album links go stale. I guess folks delete their online albums.

mattinoz

Donation Time
Bill i think the pluses outweigh the minuses. Each member will be able the download anything that relates to their own project and hopefully upload their projects adding to database of images. I really hope this idea get legs and gets a run.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
I do think it is a good idea. I think a website page would be better that a sub forum, just to keep it cleaned up, with just links and descriptions. The forums tend to get "noisy".

Also I'd just like to mention we are always looking for people to do tech articles. So if someone has done a project and has time it would be great to have a write up with photos for inclusion in the tech articles.

I realize not everyone has the time or inclination to do that, so a brief description and photo link would be a good alternative.

Last edited: