• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stromberg T fitting

65beam

Donation Time
t fitting

new t fittings are available from sunbeam specialties including the clamps.

gordonra

Donation Time
As much as I love working with plastics, there is somthing unsettling about a 40 year old plastic T fitting, subject to vibration, suspended immedately above a hot exhaust pipe.......

I replaced with a metal T.

Rich

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I've owned five Series V's, plus a Series IV that had Strombergs. The only time I had a failure of the T-fitting is when I accidentally pulled the metal inlet pipe out of the fitting when I got impatient trying to remove a balky fuel line. (If this happens to you, don't bother trying to re-insert the pipe unless you absolutely have to. Scraped-off bits inside the plastic T will eventually clog the needle valves - as I found out 150 miles from home during a verrrrry long, hot day of repeated disassembling and cleaning the carbs by the side of the road.)

SS's fittings aren't 40 years old. If you make sure the two inlet pipes are going to align properly before installing the T, you shouldn't have worries about the T splitting open. The only time I wouldn't use a T is if a PO had pulled the typical stunt of sawing off half of each inlet pipe to make room for rubber fuel lines.

Dick Sanders

As much as I love working with plastics, there is somthing unsettling about a 40 year old plastic T fitting, subject to vibration, suspended immedately above a hot exhaust pipe.......

I replaced with a metal T.

Rich