• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stock color for ................................

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Can someone please tell me the stock color my new wall art should be painted? I figured I might as well hang it on the wall than stack it in the garage. Thanks in advance, Jeff

howard

Donation Time
I know my SIV doesn't have one of these... were they exclusive to SVs/Tigers and/or GT models? I've thought about tracking one down, but with a 1600cc engine, well, it's presumptuous to think it'll make enough noise and produce enough heat to merit it.:rolleyes:

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Von, these were only for the GT Alpines, starting with the Series 3. Never on a tiger. This frame is one of the larger pieces I saved from a junked Series 3 GT. Anyone curious about the rest of the hulk can pm me as the car is located in NE Pennsylvania and still retains the drive line and a couple of 3 eared spinners. Jeff

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think they were originally cad plated or tin plated. I painted (powder coated) mine in a silver.

Paul

88030e82.jpg

Can someone please tell me the stock color my new wall art should be painted? I figured I might as well hang it on the wall than stack it in the garage. Thanks in advance, Jeff

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Thanks Paul, beautiful car by the way. I really like that silver look. Since I'm too cheap to plate it, I'm going to use some leftover Hammerite silver with a clear coat. Leftovers from a tiger air filter housing restoration. Hey, it's only wall art:D. Jeff

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Paul,

I note that you have 2 colour bonnet hinges. Is this factory correct?

Thanks

Oliver

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
No, they are black and that's not stock. I made several slight mod's to my car. Some reversable.

* Black Hood Hinges (have originals)
* Chrome cross braces (have originals)
* Embossed Valve cover (don't have original, dime a dozen)
* Three core Radiator.
* Painted front suspension springs, yellow (just because)
* 1725 (original was un-restorable)

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Paul, I'm restoring my S3GT right now and would like to know where you got the insulation material for the hood. The one that's on mine now is far from original, although it's black it has some kind of yellow printing on it. That's why I think it's not original.
Thanks!
Steve

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I just purchased some "bating" from the sewing department and used a meduim weight black fabric. I made a template from an original one that was in shreds. Not sure how close the outside lines are to original but it's close. The way it's sewed together is like the original.

Paul