• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Steering Wheel nut

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Have lost the steering wheel nut from my SV. Can anyone advise the specs., or where I might find one.
Thanks Bob

alpine_64

Donation Time
Have lost the steering wheel nut from my SV. Can anyone advise the specs., or where I might find one.
Thanks Bob
Sunbeam specialties and I think classic sunbeam stock them. Iirc they were made by Tim Morin before he sold all his sunbeam parts

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob, Here is a listing of the Nut in "What's New"
FS79NUT TO RETAIN STEERING WHEEL TO SHAFT11
Rick has the nut at Sunbeam Specialties

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks, I'll get one from Rick. Saves me from ripping the garage down to find the lost one.
Cheers

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
It's a speciality type item. It doesn't look like a nut at all. It kind of looks like a top hat, smooth on the sides. On the bottom is the brim of sorts. On the top there is a little pip that sticks inside the spinning horn pad for loosening and tightening the telescoping wheel part.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
located the nut. It had dropped down into the pit under the car and covered with rusty debris.
Thanks all for your help.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
That is usually the way it works for me too:) A little digging and it is possible to find stuff you forgot long ago.

alpine_64

Donation Time
That is usually the way it works for me too:) A little digging and it is possible to find stuff you forgot long ago.
I have a NOS smiths clock in my parts somewhere that vanished into a box... it's there.... somewhere... I'll find it one day .... :(