• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

steering column help

jerseyjoe

Donation Time
I am getting close to starting the interior and the next item is to replace the ugly after market steering wheel that came with the car. The car is a 65 series iv and I am not sure what is or is not an adjustable steering column. Should I be aware of this when i look for a new wheel? Does my car have this?
BTW..I just got back the rear bumper from re chroming. what a difference...
The front is now being done. Cost was $375 each. Looks new.
Thank you for the help
Joe

jfcroni

Donation Time
I have a nice steering wheel if your looking. It doesn't have all the pieces that go along with it like the adjuster though. I do have an old horn ring too.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jersey, Got any pictures of the upper end of the steering column?

Upload them here or Send me an E-mail

DanR

mikephillips

Donation Time
Look under tech data for the manuals, and look up steering in the series V manual since it is the same setup. Unless they've change the entire steering with the wheel, it'll be adjustable like what the drawing shows.