• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Steering box oil question

sunny67

Silver Level Sponsor
How do I check the oil level in the steering box and what type/weight oil or grease should be used. I’ve tried various searches on this forum with not luck.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
How do I check the oil level in the steering box and what type/weight oil or grease should be used. I’ve tried various searches on this forum with not luck.

Sunny67,

Here is the link to the sV owners manual.

The information is on PDF pages 14 and 19.

Depending on the condition of the seal on the lower shaft, you want to search some of discussions about using "corn head" and similar lubes.

Hope this helps,

Acollin

Donation Time
There is a must watch video on the sunbeam channel on Utube with you in mind. It provides a step by step leak proof way of managing your steering box.
I did it— works great

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
This is the link for the video on YouTube. There are over 140 videos on The Sunbeam Alpine Channel covering all manner of useful tips and tricks to keep an Alpine running. The standard oil in the box is EP90, using Spherol is a much better solution.
Tim R