• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Speedo and tach cable routing

Josh

Silver Level Sponsor
HI Folks!
The complete restoration is nearing the point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think it is an oncoming train... I am looking for a sketch or photo of the cable routing for the speedo and tach drive on a left-hand drive car. Can anyone help?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Last edited:

Josh

Silver Level Sponsor
I looked at the series II gallery, but there isn't a good shot of an engine bay - particularly the right side of the under hood (bonnet?). I think I can figure it out through trial and error, but I'm concerned about the errors. The instrument panel is not yet installed, but i fear kinking either cable...

Thanks in advance to all!

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
53219901937_40558c4be5_b.jpg

@Josh I have added a few pictures showing the speedo routing thru the firewall and under the car to the transmission.
I tried for an under dash pic but couldnt get a good shot.

Pictures are stored on my Flickr site at the link below

Speedo cable routing

If you need anything additional, please let me know and I will try to get clearer shots.
Hope it helps. I think the important thing is gentle arcs so the cable doesnt bind up.