• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Speaker placement

moonracer

Donation Time
I'm getting around to installing a radio in my Alpine and was wondering where the prefered place is to put the speakers? I realy do not want to go with boxes on the rear shelf and it looks as though they won't fit in the doors.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
My Seires II has a large round hole on each side that is behind the forward kick panel. Not sure what Sunbeam you have, but for mine it looks like plenty of room for the speakers with flush grille on the kick panel.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I made up a box that fits under the dash that contains the radio, an oval speaker above it ('front' speaker), and one round speaker on each side of the box ('rear' speakers'). Covered it with soft vinyl and some light padding, and looks like an original equipment addition. Easily removable - no holes other than two small screws at the back of each side that holds it to the tunnel.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I made up a box that fits under the dash that contains the radio, an oval speaker above it ('front' speaker), and one round speaker on each side of the box ('rear' speakers'). Covered it with soft vinyl and some light padding, and looks like an original equipment addition. Easily removable - no holes other than two small screws at the back of each side that holds it to the tunnel.

Kevin sounds nice.. assume its like the factory speaker setup, but yours has speakers facing otwards as well as forwards.

I have 2 in the kick panels of the alpine.. but at speed it's not much good.. i think ideally you need sound from behind if you dont want it at full crank to hear it on the move.. but not easy to do that in an alpine/tiger without cutting sheetmetal.

My MKIA has had speakers at some point in its life in the vertical panel that the hood bag secures to.. you can see the holes from behind if you go in through the trunk.

twospeed

Donation Time
My Seires II has a large round hole on each side that is behind the forward kick panel. Not sure what Sunbeam you have, but for mine it looks like plenty of room for the speakers with flush grille on the kick panel.
That is where I put mine,very nice and cannot even see them.One thing is that only a small oval speaker can fit-----not very loud.

moonracer

Donation Time
thanks for all the ideas. Mine is a series 5. I have some 4" round speakers that I would like to use. I found a nice mounting box for the radio already. (the reason for finally geting to this.