• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Spark Plugs

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I'm thinking of trying something else for spark plugs. I'm currently running Bosch platinum Single electrode plugs.

I was wondering what kind of luck people have had with other types of plugs ie:
Irridium, platinum, multi electrode etc..

I'm running a pertronix unit with pertronix epoxy filled 3ohm coil.

I'm also in the market for new wires as well so fel free to chime in here also.

I have a serII 1594cc bored to 1612 about 9.2/1cr vizzard head, pair weber 40dcoe carbs.

Let me know what specific #plug and or wire set you are using as well.

Thanks

Eric

'62 SerII

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Eric,

I am currently running NGK Iridium BPR5IEX spark plugs and suppression/spiral wound cables in my 1725. I fairly sure that these are still the same heat range as the stock plugs and I have not had any issue so far. I have not noticed a huge performance difference, just don't have to change the plugs very often (80-100K). When I do check the plugs they always seem to burn very well though (plug colour when removed after descent run).

Hope this helps,

Regards, Robin.