• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Source for Rebuilding Series II Oil pump

62SNBMR

Gold Level Sponsor
I recently purchased the oil pump rebuild kit from Rootes Part Service Holland for the 1592 engine. Does anyone know of a reputable shop that is familiar with rebuilding these? I'm told that the pump can be removed from the engine while in the car (remove the sump, etc.) Appears to be a straightforward process, but is it? I've been searching the forum and Sunbeam Youtube channel for videos and looking online for instructions but haven't found much. Did watch a video on how to measure the clearances on the shaft/rotor. The shaft in the kit has not been drilled to accept the dowel pin to attach to the gear. From what I've watched, clearances are critical. My plan is to remove the pump and send it off, then reinstall. Comments? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
If you can find someone with a Bridgeport it's pretty straight forward. The shaft needs to be drilled to put the locking pins through for the gear. Once that's done resurface the bottom plate and check your WSM clearances.

62SNBMR

Gold Level Sponsor
Junkman,
when you say resurface the bottom plate, are you referring to the aluminum cover plate that attaches to the bottom of the pump body? The aluminum plate that has the intake spout.

I've run into a different problem now. The clearance between the NEW outer rotor and the pump body is greater than the WSM clearances (It's the "B" clearance in the WSM. However, the old rotor is within tolerances. Compared the two rotors and the new one is smaller by .002. However, the new outer rotor and the new inner rotor (w/lobes) (measurement "A") have the proper clearances. The old ones were out of spec.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Yes the bottom plate that covers the rotor assy. I would machine the plate and put it together.