• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft top toggle wedges

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Do any of you guys and gals have a source for the soft top wedges that go between the toggle (clamp) and the header rail? I put a top on for a gent that had some in an envelope marked with some letters like MRVT or something like that from FL. Can't seem to find any info for any sources. Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jeff

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Will they ship to the USA ?

I'm having a time with some of the UK Suppliers not shipping to the USA (They are saying they no longer do Exports).

Still would love to get some hard top replacement metal parts.

fireroad

Donation Time
Classic Sunbeam in NY has them in stock now for $33 I believe. Don’t know if they are stronger that the originals or not. I broke two on the first two years of owning my SV so I started stock piling extras. As usual I went a little overboard and have more then I will ever need. I just sent 3 pairs to the chromer and will have them back in July and will have them for sale.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
We are talking about a little wedge, about 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches with 2 slots to adjust the clamps that hold the soft top to the windshield. $33??

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Ryal on eBay made several parts for Sunbeams. I'd have to look over my old Tiger roster to remember his real name.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Ryal on eBay made several parts for Sunbeams. I'd have to look over my old Tiger roster to remember his real name.
That would be very helpful Warren, sometimes those little wedges make a big difference.
Thanks,
Jeff

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I remembered his name it's Al sent by text. It's been awhile since I saw him on ePay...

fireroad

Donation Time
We are talking about a little wedge, about 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches with 2 slots to adjust the clamps that hold the soft top to the windshield. $33??
Apologies, that’s what I get for tryibg to read posts and watch small children at the same time. I have not seen a US source for the wedges but the company that used to go by Sunbeam Spares has them.

Shipping would be cost prohibitive for a single pair but if you needed other parts it might be worth it. I have had a pleasant experience ordering from them before, and they have several parts not available from our two fine US suppliers.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Apologies, that’s what I get for tryibg to read posts and watch small children at the same time. I have not seen a US source for the wedges but the company that used to go by Sunbeam Spares has them.

Shipping would be cost prohibitive for a single pair but if you needed other parts it might be worth it. I have had a pleasant experience ordering from them before, and they have several parts not available from our two fine US suppliers.
I’m getting ready to put in an order to GB how many do you need? Pm me!