• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft top cover pieces for SV

jpeifer53

Donation Time
Don't know the official name for these parts. I am looking for the 3 metal covers that cover the soft top for a Series V. Would they be called Hard Tonneau Covers? I'm in New Mexico. Can contact me at jpeifer53 at g m a I l . com

Thanks,
Jack

alpine_64

Donation Time
The sv didn't use metal cover's, they had a vinyl cover with 2 zips. These are available new from sunbeam specialties

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The three metal covers....

Jack, I believe you are asking for the metal covers (three) that came with some Alpines of which the SIV will fit the SV's.

If I am mistaken in what you are asking please pardon.

I have a '65 SIV that came from Rootes with the covers. I also have a set (the correct ones) that I purchased with the intent of installing on one of my SV's. You just need to keep looking. Sure some one will respond.

Series 1 and 2 will not work. I have a set of them that I will sell. Bought them of E-bay thinking they would fit the SIV & SV.... my mistake.

The covers are available from donor cars only as I suspect.

Here is a link on U-tube showing how-to-install the covers on an Alpine that did not originally have them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSUTAHcZy9Q

It has multiple parts. Very worth while videos.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Gonna disagree.

With the introduction of the Series V Alpine and B382 MKI(a) Tiger, Rootes completely eliminated the three-piece metal covers. V/MKIa had a three-piece vinyl hood cover and the early metal covers are not compatible without serious modifications that will include the acquisition of and welding several body panels as well as removal of others (welded). Possible, yes? Practical for the average DYI owner - absolutely NOT!

The UT video shows the mods necessary to install a soft top frame and metal covers onto a SIII/SIV GT body. There are no 'correct' metal covers from any Series IV that will suit Series V without considerable work.

Mark ..... volvouys

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Gonna agree!(with Mark).

Mark is correct in the covers not fittin' the SV! And Rootes did not include them in the SV's.

True, the UT video is working with the SIV Alpine.

As for: "acquisition of and welding several body panels as well as removal of others (welded). Possible, yes? Practical for the average DYI owner - absolutely NOT!" Agree again!

However it has been done and is being done again....

jpeifer53

Donation Time
A wealth of information

Thanks guys for all of the wonderful information. Being a newbie its great to have people like you that have worked with these cars for many years and are a treasure trove of information. I watched all of the videos on the Soft top conversion it was very informative. Thanks again for all of your input.

Regards,
Jack