• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Singer Vogue Estate in Indy

Bratfink

Donation Time
Hi all,

Seems this is the only US based Rootes group active forum I can find.

I have just moved to Indy and brought my 66 Singer Vogue Estate over too. I owned her for just over a year and rebuilt the motor in spring 07 before using it as a daily driver all through 07 in UK.

I have driven it a little over here but now a complete brake system failure has put her back in the garage until I can find a US based parts supplier that might be able to source what I need.

Any suggestions on that would be greatly appreciated! Please Email me.

So the motor is a 1725 ally head unit (same as the Alpine Series 5) and it also has the twin Stromberg setup off the Series 5 (although not original equipment for it). Trans is the 4 speed manual and the J&Laycock overdrive (switch on the column).

I brought over 4 other cyl head castings as well. I don't seem to have alot of luck with these ally head casts. 2 of mine have gone pourous and I was wondering if anyone had a source for new castings not made of cheese???

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome to the U.S. and welcome to the SAOCA. As a huge fan of all things Rootes I would love to see your Singer. You're only two hours away from the annual Sunbeam Invasion held in Tipp City, Ohio (north of Dayton). Hopefully you can get the brakes fixed and drive the car over for all of us to see.

Here's information on the Invasion: www.sunbeaminvasion.com
There's usually a plentiful supply of spare parts to purchase and I'd think you would have no trouble finding nice rebuildable aluminum heads.

As for your brakes, if they are the same as the Alpine's brakes you can find all the parts here: www.rootes.com

Welcome!

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome, I am also originally from the UK. I have been in in US for 14 years and in Texas for the last 7 years. I have two Alpines a series 2 RHD from England and a series 5 LHD.

Your car is extremely rare in the US it is currently the only one I am aware of. I would love to see it at the Invasion if you can make it.

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Singer

A friend here in the Twin Cities owns a really nice Singer Gazelle. I'll see if he wants to join us at the Invasion.

Regards,

Jack

lemansvk

Donation Time
It's not exactly a forum, but You'll find that the Hillmancars Yahoogroup is very active (also friendly) and has a lot of US members; interest is not confined to Hillmans, many members have Sunbeams, Humbers and Singers (I have been in it for years, most of the time only owning an Alpine). You'll also find Linden Malki there, a really useful person to know in the US if you need parts

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/HillmanCars/

Cheers, Vic

Hi all,

Seems this is the only US based Rootes group active forum I can find.