• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SII Parts Wanted - Trany, OD, etc.

Ross Gorman

Donation Time
Hi All,
Just wanted to put out the word that I am in the market for some parts. They are for a Alpine Series II I am restoring. Below is the list. Let me know if you can help me find these parts. Many Thanks.

1) SII - straight front bumper
2) SII - uncracked steering wheel and steering column housing
3) SII - transmission (either rebuilt, or rebuidable)
4) SII or compatible - Overdrive Unit, Wiring, Relay, Switch, etc.
5) OD shortened drive shaft

Let me know via this thread, or contact me directly via PM.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
You'll want a trans/OD as a unit. The OD trans has a different rear shaft and they are rare as rocking horse turds.

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have an early set of seats (need redone) and an early softtop frame some round corner doors and hood and trunk....also RC hood with scoop...located in Florida.....going to columbia meet and ohio united...can carry

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Toyota trans swap...

I did a Toyota trans swap and i don't think ill ever go back to the overdrive unit...It was rebuilt once and then blew out a second time destroying the planet gears...Im thinking about restoring it for the originality of the car but never liked the gear ratios..with the Toyota the car drives like a modern car and i do highways speeds with no problem.. I have a 65 rear in it too... the setup seems to be a great combination..I did the kit myself but you can get one from Dellow automotive in Sydney ..i think they still have them...

Like Hillman said...that is a tall order to find one...
Now the Overdrive was used in a bunch of different cars of the time so finding another D type overdrive to stick on my trans would complete it but i am not so apt to part with it in the event i ever want to sell the car to someone that would want the original trans to it...
That's why i mentioned the alternative is to use A Toyota etc trans...just look up trans swaps in the forum and you will find a few articles and posts on it..

Good luck!
Chaz

alpine_64

Donation Time
The real issue with a unit like this is the mainshsft. You can get dtype units all day long, adaptor plates are not to hard to come by, but the longer mainshaft in either full sync or non sync is hard to come by, and without it you can't fit the o/d unit.

This us great if your cones and clutch faces or planetary gears are shot but you have the setup already.

You can make an all sync od mainshaft but splicing a non sync one and stock sync together.. But you still need a non sync od shaft

Rodsalpine

Donation Time
Ross,

I have a SII transmission, no OD, out of a parts car I bought. I have no idea of the condition, but appears complete. I'm located in St Louis Mo, so shipping might be pricey. Drop me an email if your interested.

1topshelffan@sbcglobal.net

Rod

Ross Gorman

Donation Time
Trany & OD System Found

Thanks everyone for responding. I did find a rebuilt transmission and OD system complete with wiring and switches. It's coming from Jeff in England.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
This was your best option for two reasons. Jeff is great to work with and the Trans/OD unit is most likely rebuilt by John "the box" Roseby, guru of transmissions and overdrive units.