• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SII a-pillar window guide to windsheild frame seal

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jarrid,

The later a pillar seal is very different, I believe McGregor in Canada sells the correct profile one and they source it from the UK. UK sunbeam suppliers stock it to.

Guess some people's cars aren't as "correct" as they claim... Just use whatever is around.

Jarrid I'll email you the details of a supplier that has many of the early car profiles.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I guess then, whats the fit and whats the difference?

I have no idea what the seal profile even is mine is so decayed.

65beam

Donation Time
seals

SS does carry the original style seal or they did the last time I ordered them for the new Harrington. The seal snaps into the channel on the windshield frame. I do glue the seal to keep it from popping out. As you can see from the photo I did do some modifications to improve on what this car had way back when I bought it in 82 and was on a tight budget.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
SS does carry the original style seal or they did the last time I ordered them for the new Harrington. The seal snaps into the channel on the windshield frame. I do glue the seal to keep it from popping out. As you can see from the photo I did do some modifications to improve on what this car had way back when I bought it in 82 and was on a tight budget.

I'll, have to look at the SS catalog, I bought a bunch of weatherstripping years ago but this was not available at the time and I assumed that it was a special seal.

Of all the SIIs I have ever seen, I have never seen one with intact a-pillar to windshield frame seals so I had nothing to go by.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Don't think anybody carries the proper profile for a SII. McGregors in Canada supplies the correct early windscreen to Chrome Frame Seal profile. However as mentioned some time earlier it need' s to be trimmed to proper length...

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I ordered from MacGregors a few days ago. Asked for Windshield rubber, and pillar seal. Got a response thay they are in the UK sourcing product (not necessarily this) and would start procressin orders Oct. 24.

65beam

Donation Time
Seal

SS is out of the original style seal. He is sending me a later set that needs trimmed to fit. He is going to do a partial trim so I'll know what needs done. I guess the early set I have is a rare item now.

alpine_64

Donation Time
For those wanting to get the correct early series a post seal contact the UK sunbeam suppliers. They are all sourcing it from the original mfg in UK. As does McGregor, they charge 225% of what it costs them.... Same goes for furflex... The correct original style weave not the one most places sell.

johnd

Donation Time
P/n 2212146&7

Are you guys referring to the item that appears on Plate B - Section YV of the parts Manual identified a number 130 "weatherstripping"? I am also looking for that item

65beam

Donation Time
seal

Michael,
If you have the name and contact info for the rubber supplier would you post that info so folks around the world will know who to order from. There seems to be an interest in getting the right product so share it with everyone.

Last edited: