• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SI or II Basket Case/Parts Car in Kentucky

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I noticed that, too. But, I love the line "bought this a year ago to fix and restore." He must have been smoking the same stuff when he bought it as when he decided it was worth $1200.

The hardtop is worth saving and the valve cover. After that...

alpine_64

Donation Time
I noticed that, too. But, I love the line "bought this a year ago to fix and restore." He must have been smoking the same stuff when he bought it as when he decided it was worth $1200.

The hardtop is worth saving and the valve cover. After that...
If the rims are not rusted...they are rare series I steel wheels. Hubcaps maybe are not pitted beyond salvage

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Having recently restored a basket case SI, I’d say there’s not much here beyond the hard top and maybe a few select sections of sheet metal to use as patch panels…the current owner has the pricing reversed…he should be offering $1200 for someone to haul it away.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Reminds me of the car Ian bought years ago. Removed the top (Harrington), swept the driveway and hauled the body off in garbage bags. I'm thinking the top lives on as Bob W's beautiful white Harrrington.

But yeah, that's rusty.
Bill

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yup, that cars pretty bad and I would have no interest.... tho I've bought worse.

Here's a pic of a carcass I dragged out of a field in West Virginia a few years ago. The second pic is of the only piece of X-frame remaining .... everything else in the floor was gone.
IMG_20190407_130614662_resized_3.jpg
DSCN2212.JPG

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Everything remotely usable was sold and the only bits remaining from the carcass is the small frame piece in the pic and the entire L/S inner fender section with top hats. Yes, the VIN and JAL tags were removed, and the VIN reported to the registry.

It worth mentioning that I also got another car in the purchase and, tho it was also pretty rough, it had the bones to justify bringing it back. Another SAOCA member who'll remain nameless bought the car and intends to restore it sometime in the nature. Now, if this member is willing, I'll post a pic of this diamond-in-the-rough before it was rescued, and he can give the details about it!

Mark ..... volvoguys

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Mark, you can go ahead and post the pic here. It still looks the same! Haven't had the time to get
to it yet........hopefully soonish!