• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

She is close...

seriesvince

Donation Time
Just wanted to share some pictures with you guys. My labor of love for the last 5 years is nearing completion. All I have left to do is get the exhaust done... finish some interior things here and there (wing windows... etc) and chase down some ridiculous oil leak I have. She pulls hard and handles like a dream. As you can probably tell... LOTS of modifications. Feel free to ask questions as this has been quite the learning experience.

Thanks again to everyone on this site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27281652@N06/

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Congratulations on gittin er done! a beautiful looking car. I hope mine will be coming back to life before next summer time. Drive her proudly. Kevin:D

chris

Donation Time
Very, very nice. I hope you're planning to bring it to Suni. I'd love to see it up close.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Vince,

That is one beautiful Alpine! You have done a great job restoring it. I can see why it has taken you five years to finish it.

If you haven't gotten the exhaust done yet, it must be pretty loud. I guess you have had it on the road already, because you say it pulls hard and handles great. You just have begun to enjoy your Alpine. You should have a fun, dependable car for years to come.

Jose :D

seriesvince

Donation Time
Thanks guys!

Jose - Yes... I have drove it... just not very far. I need to drive it to the exhaust shop, but am afraid with the open headers. Is it "relatively" safe? Just seems like a lot of heat can be pushed right against the car there.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Well done!

Nice car Vince! Great interior/exterior color combination. I liked the use or one piece of wood in the dash in particular. Great touch.

Do you plan to put bumpers on it or run it without? Just curious as I have not decided if I'm going to run them on my car. I like the look.

Nice job....:cool:

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
The headers don't face the exhaust flow directly at the floor, so wouldn't worry about the heat causing any problems with the rugs on the floor. The wind under the car will dissipate the heat as you drive. The only potential problem you might have is with the cops. When you are driving it with the headers open, if you see a cop, just lift off of the throttle just a little bit and it will quiet up right away. I envy you being able to drive it to the muffler shop with the headers open. I have done that with several of my cars, and had fun doing it.

Jose :D

Thanks guys!

Jose - Yes... I have drove it... just not very far. I need to drive it to the exhaust shop, but am afraid with the open headers. Is it "relatively" safe? Just seems like a lot of heat can be pushed right against the car there.

seriesvince

Donation Time
I'm more concerned about not having license plates or bumpers on it yet. haha. Keeping fingers crossed...

bluoval

Donation Time
congrats

vince she looks beautiful what a feeling you must have ,to have completed your project and have a beautiful car to show for it. my hats off to you but dont mind the shiney spot without hair earl blu oval

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Great job on the car. On the trip to the muffler shop... the good news is, if you attract attention, you can probably outrun them, and with no plates, they won't know who you are. The bad news is, all they have to do is stop and roll down the windows to tell exactly where you are. You'll also have to leave town, because it's not like you're gonna blend in with the rest of traffic the next time you're out!

But seriously, in my state, you've got 30 days to complete the paperwork of transferring plates from one car to another. I suspect grabbing plates off your other car would give the illusion of your intent to do so, and you can follow through if you have to.

Once again, nicely done.
Ken

seriesvince

Donation Time
I've been trying to the registration transferred for about 6 months now. Its coming from CA and they have been taking their sweet time. I get a piece of mail about every 2 months asking me for another piece of information. Unbelievable...

miket

Donation Time
Vince,
Perhaps you could do what I did. I just kept going to different Motor Vehicle offices until I got my plates. I got it on the 4th try.

The car was from NH and in that state, they don't register cars older that 10 years. As a result there was no title. But I did have a bill of sale showing that it was from that state.

One of the clerks wanted it to be inspected by an engineer. Right, after I changed the engine. I would have been treated like a lepper.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Mike

seriesvince

Donation Time
Nice car Vince! Great interior/exterior color combination. I liked the use or one piece of wood in the dash in particular. Great touch.

Do you plan to put bumpers on it or run it without? Just curious as I have not decided if I'm going to run them on my car. I like the look.

Nice job....:cool:

I'm going to run with bumpers... probably have them chromed over the winter. I thought back and forth for a while on it and decided i needed the chrome to accent the other chrome features on the car. I don't know... I change my mind daily...

Vince

seriesvince

Donation Time
What seats are in the car?

Seats are from a 96 Acura Integra. They fit really nice in the spot, are very comfortable, and have great lateral and lumbar support. I ditched the headrests and I added heating elements to them when I had them re-upholstered.

-Vince