• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Service reminder

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
IMG_20230610_074634_01.jpg
New magnetic service sticker. Made to be reusable this can help you keep up with normal maintenance. Slap it on your door jamb for fun that looks cool as children of all ages love stickers ;)

Hopefully these will become available for around 10 dollars and my be produced with Alpine or custom vintage dealer or club logos. Please contact me with your interest or ideas. I'm better at communicating by text so send your number if you start a conversation or PM

alpine_64

Donation Time
I did something similar back in 2018 for my friend to use on his many cars... And for when he was taking care of other club members cars.

Attachments

• mmexport1686451239927.jpg
    mmexport1686451239927.jpg
    980 KB · Views: 7

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
IDK if they had service stations in Oz but this is a reboot of the things gas stations put on cars after they worked on one. The change is it's on a magnetic sheet and it's reusable and can wipe clean . I had asked for Larry Reed and Hollywood Sport cars. I had him use the layout of a 76 station one.

I got the idea of putting magnets on stickers about 10 years ago. I saw a Tiger with like 75 stickers plastered on the car, and said *"'*" F__ . Interesting now that cars on Hemmings and he must've paid $$$ to get them removed plus fix the damage.
Then there's the evil Warren who put a CAT sticker on the magnetic sheet then put it on the boot of a freshly painted car to watch the owner freak out.... but then didn't let it go very far and told him... So Michael I'm responsible for CAT doing one of the highest forms of flattery imitation when they put a Tigers United 2022 on a magnetic sheet. You see when you live in a nice hood you get lots of Realtor cards on the magnetic stock and the first thing I do is strip off the advert and put a sticker I like on it. That's because, still plays with toy cars and children of all ages apply like stickers to me :) As well as my affinity for sophomoric humor. I don't judge those guys that bring their Sting-Ray bikes to the car shows as it's the poor man's car collecting, plus I still have one from my yout.

alpine_64

Donation Time
IDK if they had service stations in Oz but this is a reboot of the things gas stations put on cars after they worked on one. The change is it's on a magnetic sheet and it's reusable and can wipe clean . I had asked for Larry Reed and Hollywood Sport cars. I had him use the layout of a 76 station one.

I got the idea of putting magnets on stickers about 10 years ago. I saw a Tiger with like 75 stickers plastered on the car, and said *"'*" F__ . Interesting now that cars on Hemmings and he must've paid $$$ to get them removed plus fix the damage.
Then there's the evil Warren who put a CAT sticker on the magnetic sheet then put it on the boot of a freshly painted car to watch the owner freak out.... but then didn't let it go very far and told him... So Michael I'm responsible for CAT doing one of the highest forms of flattery imitation when they put a Tigers United 2022 on a magnetic sheet. You see when you live in a nice hood you get lots of Realtor cards on the magnetic stock and the first thing I do is strip off the advert and put a sticker I like on it. That's because, still plays with toy cars and children of all ages apply like stickers to me :) As well as my affinity for sophomoric humor. I don't judge those guys that bring their Sting-Ray bikes to the car shows as it's the poor man's car collecting, plus I still have one from my yout.
Yes....we used to have proper "servos" where there were mechanics and you could buy oil, coolant and car parts with your gas (petrol) as opposed to small supermarkets selling all manner of crap that you then wait for people to buy their weekly shopping when you just want to pay for petrol and go....( Wow....I'm getting old)

The stickers I did are based on the same idea but the ones you get at a "shop" ( mechanics).

I should get the photo of the large perforated oval reverse stickers of the Rootes service Kilsyth I also had made for the same guys hillman superminc wagon.. sadly he won't fit them to the side windows as "Rootes" means something else in Australia....

Re your magnet idea.... I know of those 2022 event paraphernalia....
I will say.... I would stick a sticker on a clean well polished panel before a magnet... The magnet like a suction cap can allow for movement and vibration to make debris under it act like sandpaper... If it moves around a bit.... But I'm a pendant....

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
It's a door jamb sticker.
Many adorn their cars with event stickers and yes they can stick on all but high quality refrigerators in stainless.