• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series5 with VW Vr6 engine has gone up !

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
No photographs of the trunk (boot) engine bay or underside. make we wonder what condition they are in.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
At this point, I suspect it would cost about half as much to have the guys who did it originally build another one.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The hood scoop could be a nice addition to the car, but taking a good look, it does not blended in well with the rest of the hood, especially along the rear.

Also, It appears to be rather flat across the front and does not follow the hood lines.

Picky-picky .... the soft top cover could stand a little more attention too.

I sure like the metal covers that Rootes used on early models.

DanR

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I think it would be more valuable unmodified. After all if "The original 6-cylinder engine and transmission has been replaced" is accurate, Jose is just another Rootes factory hand and copycat.