• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Throttle Linkage

alpiner

Diamond Level Sponsor
The throttle linkage between the two CD 150 carbs on my Series V is cracked and the throttles are not rotating together. The linkage material appears to be plastic(a bakelite material?). I need to replace the linkage but can not find original replacement parts. Does anyone know of a source or can suggest replacements?
Alpiner

64auto

Donation Time
I had a vacumn leak coming from mine and sodered them. I looked for the parts and could not find and improvised. They are out there somewhere

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Shaun I'm out of state at this time. But I probably have something that will work for you. Might be another week.

DanR

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Alpiner,

What exactly do you need? Both linkage sets, one linkage set, just a subset of the plastic connectors?

Mike

alpiner

Diamond Level Sponsor
Throttle Linkage

Thanks for your responses. I've managed to repair the throttle linkage between the two carbs by drilling and tapping the plastic connectors. However in the future it would be nice to have a replacement linkage. I do have some plastic connectors from a parts car but am unsure how they can be taken apart.
Alpiner

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
You use a pin punch to push out the connecting pins in the plastic pieces, unless I am confused with another part.

Mike

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 30

alpiner

Diamond Level Sponsor
Throttle Linkage

Thank you. I was reluctant to use a punch for fear of cracking the plastic, so I'll use a little finesse. I'm more of a 5lb. hammer guy.
Alpiner

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Cracking the plastic is a risk. I supported the plastic part with a piece of soft pine when knocking out the pin. Definitely be careful with the blows and use the correct size punch.

Mike

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike:

How did you get your carbs so clean and shiny?

I sent them to Jeff at Paltech Technologies for rebuild and polishing. Jeff claims to have a patented polishing process. They came back looking great.
Before rebuild:
http://wp.mhartman.net/wp-content/uploads/20140915-018-carbs.jpg

After rebuild:
http://wp.mhartman.net/wp-content/uploads/20141107-003-rebuilt-carbs.jpg

The jury is still out on how they are functioning after rebuild, though. One carb had a bent metering needle that was binding. I fixed that. There is some fuel leakage when turning one of the jet adjustment screws. I replaced the gasket but it still leaks. I don't think the rear carb is supplying fuel+air at the same rate as the front carb. But I need to do more work to reach any final conclusion on that.

Other folks on the forum have used Jeff with good results.

Mike

alpiner

Diamond Level Sponsor
I used Jeff at Paltech and he did a great job on my carbs. Also had a major leak when first installed but just required tightening up the screws between the float bowl and the carb base. Told Jeff about it and he was appologetic.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I used Jeff at Paltech and he did a great job on my carbs. Also had a major leak when first installed but just required tightening up the screws between the float bowl and the carb base. Told Jeff about it and he was apologetic.

Funny. One of my carbs arrived from Jeff with that same issue - all the screws on the float bowl were loose. I noticed it before installing though. Jeff apologized to me too. But the loose screws and bent metering needle have made me wonder if other items weren't done right.

Mike