• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V Soft Top Cover Installation

Spectrenj

Donation Time
I just purchased a new soft top cover for my 67 Series V (to cover the convertible top when it is down), but there is none on the car and I have no idea how or where to attach it to the body - screws, rivets, etc. and where. Any guidance would be sincerely appreciated. I am guessing I need to install the cover first, before the roll or back panel, but again I am working from a point of total ignorance. Thank you, John

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
It's been a while since I did mine, but I believe you put the panel on first. The soft top cover goes on next.
I seem to remember that there are relatively sharp pointed ( sort of inverted triangles) attachment places
where the cover attaches to. You may find that a lot of those may be broken off. If so, you can use pop
rivets to attach the cover. I'd recommend using rivet washers to spread the tension so as to not rip the vinyl.
the waist roll has clips which go into the rectangular areas that also protrude from the sheet metal. I have found that the clips on the waist rolls don't always meet these attachment points. You can drill off the rivets and move the to the proper location, just be careful when drilling the rivets hat you don't go through the vinyl!
Hope that helps.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor