• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V slave cylinder pushrod needed.

Zappafan

Silver Level Sponsor
I am in need of a slave cylinder pushrod for a series V. It doesn't look like anyone sells a reproduction so I'm hoping someone has a spare.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Those pushrods seem to go missing and I haven't heard of folks on this forum having original spare parts laying around...

This pushrod might be a good reproduction, but I'm not sure: https://www.ebay.com/itm/161099047012
They also mention an adjustable version, which might also be a candidate.

My son took measurements of the stock series V pushrod while I was sleeving my clutch slave to create a CAD file. If you can get the EBay seller to provide some measurements, we can compare them to the stock pushrod. Or I can provide the measurements to you and you can ask the EBay seller to confirm. We can move this conversation to Private Messages.

Mike

Zappafan

Silver Level Sponsor
An update on the pushrod issue. I looked at the ebay listing and the tr6 pushrod doesn't work because the space where the clevis pin goes is to narrow. I took a brake master pushrod and ground the rounded tip down and it seems to be working. There is about a 1/2 inch of movement when the pedal is pushed. The other thing I might do is cut the rod off the TR6 pushrod, thread it, and then cut the rod off the brake pushrod, drill a hole through the part where the clevis pin goes and combine the two of them.
Tom, if you could send me a couple of pics with measurements that would be great. My adapted pushrod doesn't have the notch at the end so putting the stock one in would be better in the long run.