• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V heater wiring

robertf

Donation Time
My adobe reader is telling me that the heating section of the service manual found in the technical data section of this website is corrupt. Does anyone have an alternate source for the heater blower and switch schematic and how it ties into the rest of the harness?

I'm undoing some previous owner modifications so I can't make too many assumptions based on how it is currently wired.

mikephillips

Donation Time
The heater blower is fairly simple. There are 2 wires off it, one from each side of the resistor. These go to the switch. Don't recall offhand which terminals but I'd guess 4 and 6. Power from the ignition switch I think from 4 to 1 on the blower switch. Ground on the motor to one of the mounting bracket bolts.

Basically you send power from the switch through one of the two wires to the motor and either include or bypass the resistor on the mounting bracket. BTY, the resistor should also include a wire to the motor on one side.