• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

series IV GT radio console

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am searching for a series IV gt radio console...appears my car originally came with one and it was removed along the way. anyone have one they are willing to part with?

alpine_64

Donation Time
The stanpart radio console was used from series 3 to mid series V. If it had a correct factory unit there shouldn't be any evidence of it. they used brackets that attachrd to the under dash rail snd a bracket off the dash support arms and had a speaker box suspended bellow. An aerial and wiring will indicate it had a radio of some sort installed.

A few people have made reproductions with various degrees of accuracy. There is a vendor in the UK doing them. The original items are quite pricey .

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I concur with Michael's comments in the 'deluxe' radio console was used from Series III up to Series V and Tiger. Beginning with the SV, Rootes offered a scaled down option I refer to as a '"plain Jane" version that is pic number 5 in Ian's article. This radio was made by Bendix and the lower speaker could have had a variety of housings.

The radios offered in the 'deluxe' model were variations of Motorola (World Radio) and Radiomobile. Since it is a 525T, 5-pushbutton Motorola radio, the unit shown in Ian's article in image 3 is a correct LAT-72 console, is pretty rare and sought after by the Tiger guys.

I've seen the Australian and UK repro's. They're a viable alternative to the pricy originals but anybody who knows what an original looks like will spot a repro in a second from 10 feet. Nothing wrong with repro's ......... but they're not OEM.

On a side note, I'm always looking for any original III-V console parts, no matter how small. So, if you have a unneeded single hanger, radio or speaker facia, knobs, etc ......... gimme a E.

Rgds, Mark ..... volvoguys

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I am searching for a series IV gt radio console...appears my car originally came with one and it was removed along the way. anyone have one they are willing to part with?

I have a variety of parts and a complete original late radio and console. Not sure the complete unit would be priced for Alpine installation, but it is in my Alpine.
I also a a couple original radios that are on"the list" that would be good candidates for modification, if that's something you're into. PM me and let me know what you don't have.

Paul