• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series IV for sale in Houston

dcalpine

Donation Time
This was my project i brought home in 2007 after car had been sitting on blocks in a warehouse since the 80's when taken in trade with two more desireable mustangs. I started in 2007, had triplets in 2008 and packed up moved to the middle east in middle of 2010. Looks like the move will remain long term and priorities have changed. My alpine is now in my brothers garage in Houston just collecting dust and he needs the space back. It is a 65series IV with brand new BRG paint job and a completly rebuilt 1725 (work done by Bill at English Automotive (now retired - former aerospace engineer turned British car mechanic). Engine bay was painted and all seals/mech's replaced. Running dual strombergs and the booster was rebuilt by White Post. Ran perfect before I left. Needs interior panels/finishing and a soft top. I have a carpet kit (bought off ebay a while back, not installed and garage full of parts/including hard top (needs restroration), spare engine w/transmission, axle, windscreen+glass, hood plus boxes that even I don't recall what's in them. I will be in Houston early August and available to show anyone with interest in the whole lot. I would welcome any estimation on value as this was the furtherst from my mind and just seeking a fair price and a good new home for someone to enjoy. I recall having at least 5-6K in the engine rebuild/labor/parts cost thus far.

Best way to reach me is dacotes@yahoo.com Please leave a phone number to reach you.

Thanks,

Dan

Attachments

• DSCN1423_lr.jpg
    DSCN1423_lr.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN1424_lr.jpg
    DSCN1424_lr.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN1425_lr.jpg
    DSCN1425_lr.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN1427_lr.jpg
    DSCN1427_lr.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN1429.jpg
    DSCN1429.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 56

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Series 4 for sale

For what it may help you, a couple years ago I bought a very similar Series 5, same color even, that had real Minilite wheels on it. Description, condition etc. nearly identical. I paid $6500 for it and thought it a fair price for what I got. I don't have any idea what other people might think your car is worth, but I wouldn't argue much if yours was priced somewhere in that neighborhood. I'm not currently in the market for another Sunbeam, but if I were, I would certainly consider yours.

Good luck.........Jim

alpine_64

Donation Time
The car also has the desireable "non-peaked" late Sv MKII headlight rims... they are worth decent dollars alone.