• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series III - V Hardtop

agmason

Donation Time
I've seen a few listed in Ebay over in the UK for bargain prices compared to the USA. Apparently, hardtops are not popular in the UK.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Perhaps it is the opposite, and a high percentage of owners ordered a hardtop with the car (due to the lovely English weather), and now (as the cars die of old age) there is a healthy supply of hardtops.

IMO the problem in the US is an imbalance of supply (basically none - rot free hardtops are very hard to find) and demand.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I see a lot of HT's in the Uk.. some quite cheap.. some not.. one thing i would say... you would want a close look at the condition of the rear/lower rails on a UK top... it wasnt just the bodies on the cars that rusted badly.

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Without any sort of scientific survey, I think a greater proportion of the Alpines sold here in the UK were hardtop GTs - presumably because of the weather. In fact, I think I remember reading somewhere that the USA didn't get the SV GT model at all, or only a few.

Most hardtops are pretty rusty unless you are lucky - the sponge rubber seals hold water and then rot away the bottoms of the side and back rails. You could buy a GRP hard top in the UK at one time, but I don't know if they are still available.

ALC 68A

alpine_64

Donation Time
Most hardtops are pretty rusty unless you are lucky - the sponge rubber seals hold water and then rot away the bottoms of the side and back rails. You could buy a GRP hard top in the UK at one time, but I don't know if they are still available.

ALC 68A

Honeybourne moudlings make a GRP top similar to the factory shape still, they seal well and are well priced. Fixings are a little crude.. you see them on all the UK race/rally tigers and alpines.