• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II Rapier on Ebay

Armand4

Donation Time
Here's a nice little Rapier for sale on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sunbeam-Rapier-2-door-Made-in-England_W0QQitemZ260344226489QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item260344226489&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A64|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Based on the two-tone paintjob (with the contrasting stripe covering the whole tailfin, unlike later Rapiers), I'm assuming it's a Series II, with the 1494cc engine. It's probably just a parts car, as it'd take a lot of time, money and hard work to make it roadworthy, but there might be enough left to make a fun, unique vintage racer and rally car. I hope it doesn't get crushed or left to rot.

64beam

Donation Time
I don't think I would be towing it as the seller suggested. With it sitting on the ground like it is, I would hate to see the state of the chassis. Is it a fairly wet area in the US? As already stated, there is alot of work whether used for road or race.

Regards, Robin.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I don't think I would be towing it as the seller suggested. With it sitting on the ground like it is, I would hate to see the state of the chassis. Is it a fairly wet area in the US? As already stated, there is alot of work whether used for road or race.

Regards, Robin.

There's a chance the chassis is reasonalby OK although I'm not too familiar
with that local weather pattern vs how long it's been wheel less.

There's a Holbay engine on ebay that would fit Ok I'd think... :)

Sownman

Donation Time
There's a chance the chassis is reasonalby OK although I'm not too familiar
with that local weather pattern vs how long it's been wheel less.

Anyplace that has long dead grass also has long green grass. Anyplace that has long green grass gets rain. In fact I believe Kansas was the setting for "Wizard of Oz" You know, tornados. With tornados come violent thunderstorms.

When I see cars in a field like that I always wonder why someone thought
they were worth saving but not worth enough to bother with at least some paving if not paving and a simple roof.

Steve

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Judging by the pics, this is a good example of a car where the restoration costs would far outweigh the final value. It appears to be only fit for breaking.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Sad, But I agree it would cost far more to restore this car than what it's value would be when restored.