• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II oil Pump

gearheadgirl

Donation Time
Hello All,

Say I want to replace the oil pump on our 1962 Series II...
What are the steps in doing it?
An hour or two...or an all day affair?

Thanks!

alpine_64

Donation Time
If you have a SII pump its a few hours work.. doing it with the motor in the car is a pain... i did it last year.

You drop the sump (after draining the oil) remove the filter/pickup loosen the blots from under the pump. Go up top remove the bolts securing the pump and distributor.. mark it and take out slowly to try and match it as best as possible when sliping back in.

Replace pump.. tighten it all up again in reverse order.. check timing...

Also replace all seals in sump.. remove ALL traces of gasket.. especially to recess where the 2 cork strips seat at each end ... you have to put those in very carefully and on a cleaned surface before fitting the sump or it will leak... and its not easy on your back with oil dripping of the crank on your face.

here are some pics from my swap.. but note that iwas installing a 1725 pump into the 3 main engine.. so is a little different.