• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I-II Stuff

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
For Sale Here first:
Early Series seat tracks, pretty mint condition with original paint, (SOLD)
Early seat tracks good with very little surface rust, (SOLD)
Early chrome windshield frame, Series II, decent chrome with some pitting and checking. Great re-chroming candidate. $80
Early window cranks mech. Right and left (SCRAPPED)

All plus shipping. Pictures on request.
Paul

Last edited:

RootesRacer

Donation Time
For Sale Here first:
Early Series seat tracks, pretty mint condition with original paint, $100 pair
Early seat tracks good with very little surface rust, $65 pair
Early chrome windshield frame, decent chrome with some pitting and checking. Great re-chroming candidate. $80
Early window cranks mech. Right and left $50 pair

All plus shipping. Pictures on request.
Paul

SI and SII have different windshield frames (at least the side pieces).

It would be good for you to specify what you have to save trouble later.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
SI and SII have different windshield frames (at least the side pieces).

It would be good for you to specify what you have to save trouble later.

I have no idea if it was I or II. But anyone "serious" about needing a frame will no doubt have me send a picture and we can figure it out then. My guess is a Series II as it came with some other parts from a II, but it's up to the buyer to be sure. I'm just not that farmilar with the early cars.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Also have a complete set of stainless trim for an early hardtop that has been profesionally polished to a chrome like finished and individually wrapped. All pieces for the top are present except for the two small pieces that join the corners of the rear window stainless. Reproducible with a little patience.
$200 plus shipping. OBO

lhb009

Donation Time
Could you send me pictures of what you have? I just found out (during assembly) that my window frame (freshly put together with new chrome and glass) is actually for a Series 1, not 2. So I need the side pieces for a SII. I think I have the bottom and top pieces for a SII, but who knows really. I am also likely interested in all the other parts you have listed. I will PM you my email address.

-Lowell

alpine_64

Donation Time
Could you send me pictures of what you have? I just found out (during assembly) that my window frame (freshly put together with new chrome and glass) is actually for a Series 1, not 2. So I need the side pieces for a SII. I think I have the bottom and top pieces for a SII, but who knows really. I am also likely interested in all the other parts you have listed. I will PM you my email address.

-Lowell

Lowell, I assume you mean your need the doing window guides, the ones that go full height and have the kink at the base... The other option is to get the 2 side frame prices from a series I and make a si window frame.

lhb009

Donation Time
Lowell, I assume you mean your need the doing window guides, the ones that go full height and have the kink at the base... The other option is to get the 2 side frame prices from a series I and make a si window frame.

What I have is a complete framed windshield for a SI(doesnt have the side clipped), but my chrome side window guides are the tall ones for a SII. I figure either replace the windshield frame with a SII frame, or get the short chrome window guides for a SI. Have you seen any SI window guides around? I cant seem to find any of them available.

-Lowell

alpine_64

Donation Time
What I have is a complete framed windshield for a SI(doesnt have the side clipped), but my chrome side window guides are the tall ones for a SII. I figure either replace the windshield frame with a SII frame, or get the short chrome window guides for a SI. Have you seen any SI window guides around? I cant seem to find any of them available.

-Lowell

You technically only need the 2 side posts of the windshield frame. Is stick with series ii guides as they are better at holding the glass in at speed . Paul might have them or try Eric G 65sunbeam, al mason agasman54 or maybe Robert jaarsman jaars .. Smitty or Doug Jennings might also be worth contacting..

Of course ... A this is all if Paul doesn't have what you need