• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I-II Intake/Exhaust Manifold Clamps and Bolts

NN LeMans

Donation Time
I have a 1962 Sunbeam Harrington Le Mans (Series II Alpine) and I am looking for the intake manifold attachment clamp and long bolt that goes in the center of the intake manifold (Plate D-222, #1201716, Sunbeam Alpine Parts List) and the two intake/exhaust manifold clamps and long bolts that are on the outside edges of the manifold (D222/1, #1201168). The exhaust headers have the triangular shaped wedges welded to the two outboard pipes. I have the intake and exhaust manifolds, rebuilt Zenith carburetors, and all the plumbing fixtures on the intake manifold. Hopefully someone will have a set of clamps and bolts so I will not have to make them from scratch. Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
S-II Manifold Clamps

Part number 1201716 center clamp is the same for Series III, IV and V.

#274 Plate D Section A
#347 Plate E Section A

The outer clamps 1201168 are unique to Series I and II

NN LeMans

Donation Time
S I-II Manifold Clamps

Gary,

Thanks for the additional information. The Parts List I was referencing was the original July 1959 edition, but I have since copied the master list from the SAOCA website. I still need to find the clamps and bolts.

NN LeMans

NN LeMans

Donation Time
Series I-II-III Intake Manifold Clamp

Thanks to all the Sunbeamers who offered advice and gave me information and sources for the manifold clamps and bolts I needed. I now have everything but the center (middle) clamp of the intake manifold. I have discovered that my intake manifold is a Series III (vacuum check valve port in the front) rather than a Series II. However, I am still in need of the center clamp which fits against the bolt hole boss and the two flats on either side of it. The bolt hole boss protrudes about 1/8th inch out from the two flats on the manifold.

Any leads or assistance is appreciated.

NN LeMans

Donation Time
Series I-II-III Intake Manifold Clamp

Thanks for your note. I have attached two pages from the Sunbeam Parts list and the clamps have an arrow pointed at them. The clamp is for the center bolt of the intake manifold and has two small legs on either end but it is flat at the center because the bolt boss protrudes about an 1/8th inch past the outboard flat spots on either side of the bolt hole. If you have one or have a lead please let me know.

NN LeMans
1962 Harrington
1966 Avanti

Attachments

• IMG_4505 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_4505 (480x640).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4503 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_4503 (480x640).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 30