• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 3 Seat Mounting

New beam

Donation Time
As my series 3 did not have the stock seats - brackets made up for them- I am wondering how the stock seat tracks mount to the floor, particularly at the back. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
4 small bolts total for each seat track - 1 on each corner. You will need to move the track forward to see the holes in back.

Mike

oLD lIMEY

Donation Time
Talking seats I was thinking of putting a pair of Kia Rio seats in my S3 GT. Anyone tried this? Thanks Tony.

New beam

Donation Time
What I was referring to was that it seems there should be some sort of "riser" at the back for the seat to mount to. There are none on my car.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The rear threaded holes should be apparent and the tracks should lay flat - unless someone did some chopping to your floorboard area. The only "riser" is a skinny flip-down bar mounted across the bottom-rear of the seat frame. Some people, like myself, have removed that bar to gain some head room.

New beam

Donation Time
Thanks a bunch
I think the floors must have been redone
Do you have a photo of the floor area?
Thanks again

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't know if series 3 is the same as series 5. The photos are of my series 5.

Mike

Attachments

• 1987June-011 restoration.jpg
    1987June-011 restoration.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 1987June-013 restoration.jpg
    1987June-013 restoration.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 17

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I believe they were made by the body shop that did the body work on my car. This was back in 1987.

I don't have the tools to make these.

There are many parts cars out there. If you can get a decent example from a parts car, you could use it as a pattern for fabricating new ones.

Failing that, I need to remove my passenger seat to restore it. While the seat is out, I could take the measurements and create some diagrams. It looks like they mainly consist of right angles and flat surfaces. I think you'd do better by starting with an example from a parts car, though.

Mike